Sun Metals is committed to achieving the very highest standard of Occupational Health and Safety in all our activities and is integral to the way we do business. We commit to continual improvement in our performance and aspire to zero harm.
Our commitment, wherever we operate to:
- Identify, assess and manage risks to employees, contractors and community.
- Apply a Safety Management System which is integral to business operations and which facilitates the identification and control of hazards;
- Meet and, where appropriate, exceed applicable legal and other requirements
- Develop our people and provide resources to meet our occupational health and safety standards and targets
- Encourage employee initiatives that contribute to a safer and improved environment at work, at home and in the community;
- Request all managers, supervisors, employees and contractors to recognize and demonstrate their responsibilities to maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- Request every employee and contractor to comply with Sun Metals HSEQ policy and relevant legislation.
- Communicate openly about our activities and report progress on our Occupational Health and Safety performance.
The safety of our people is a value which is not compromised
- Safety excellence is recognised as good business
- Leaders at all levels are safety role models
- People are aware of the hazards and risks in their workplace and act accordingly
- Compliance with safety standards and procedures is absolute
- "At risk" behaviors are not acceptable and are addressed when observed
- Effective skills to lead and work safely are developed through ongoing training and mentoring
View SMC MHF Fact Sheet Public Statement